The dwarfing sweet cherry rootstock Damil® (GM61/1) for intensive orchards and home gardens.
- Choice of a frost free site
- Soil must be free of waterlogging and fertile, with a regular water delivery
- Plantation distances: 3 à 3,5 m, 574 trees/ha minimum
- Stake is optional during the first years after plantation
- Spindle tree management
- Summer pruning exclusively
- Phytoprotection against the bacterial canker (Pseudomonona morsprunorum and syringae) and the monilia (Monilia laxa)
Damil® belongs among the dwarfing rootstocks to the most tolerant to growth environmental conditions. The growth of sweet cherry trees is strongly linked to the variety and to the soil conditions.