Study of the physical-chemical properties and active substances and synergist content of insecticidal nets and other treated substrates.
- Development and validation of analytical methods for determination of active substances and/or synergist content in insecticidal nets (and other substrates).
- Physical-chemical characterisation of Long-Lasting insecticidal Nets (LNs):
- Appearance (visual description)
- Total active substance content
- Isomers or impurities content
- Fabric weight (mass of net per m²)
- Within-net and between-net distribution of the active substance
- Active substance wash resistance (retention/release characteristics)
- Accelerated and long-term storage stability
- Physical tests (sub-contracting to a WHO recommended laboratory)
- Quality control of Long-Lasting insecticidal Nets (LNs) according to WHO specifications
- Pesticides analyses on other treated substrates: filter papers, wall scrapings, tarpaulins, textiles, …